Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager, the RN provides exceptional patient care and adheres to hospital policies and procedures. In addition, RNs demonstrate knowledge of individual patients’/residents’ histories, current progress, care requirements and treatment goals to provide appropriate care.
Provide all patient care in a manner that reflects respect for patient rights, dignity, values, culture preferences, and expressed needs. Assess patient’s physical, psychological, and social needs. Assess pain and implement appropriate pain management techniques. Develop, implement, and revise care plans that reflect patient’s diagnosis and outlined standards of care. Review patient history, diagnostics, and lab data, and report any abnormalities. Educate patient and family on managing injuries and illnesses to ensure a safe and successful discharge. Administer medicine and treatment to patients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing preferred
- Must possess a current, valid RN license (CA)
- 2 years of experience in a healthcare related field preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism during stressful times
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Dedicated to providing the best patient care possible