Dr. Katherine Herzog, M.D., is a physiatrist who joined the HealthBridge St. Louis team in 2020. Dr. Herzog is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R), brain injury medicine, and pain medicine. She is particularly interested in brain injury medicine and is excited to bring her expertise in physical medicine and rehabilitation to the patients at HealthBridge!
As the in-house physiatrist at HealthBridge St. Louis, Dr. Herzog offers numerous benefits to patients, including:
- Complete dedication to patient rehabilitation, improving quality of life, and restoring everyday function.
- Regularly scheduled patient visits.
- Mitigating barriers to safe patient discharge, ensuring that the patient will be ready to return home.
- Emphasizing the functional side of rehabilitation and recovery by continuously monitoring the patient throughout the therapy process.
- Managing pain and medication to improve therapy outcomes.
- Diagnosing and recommending treatment for orthopedic and neuromuscular conditions.
- Coordinating communication among the orthopedic surgeons, therapists, nurses, and the patient.
- Updating family members regarding the patient’s progression through rehab and informing them about what to expect upon discharge, resulting in increased patient and family satisfaction.